Achievement and Assessments
Columbus Public Schools use both formative and summative assessments. Tests are either created by teachers and aligned with the curriculum or developed by outside educational organizations and aligned with state and national standards.
- Assessment for learning
- Given before and during instruction to provide feedback on what students know and can do
- Given often throughout the learning process and instruction
- Provide information for beneficial changes in instruction
- Assessment of learning
- Given at end of instructional time (unit, term, semester)
- Assess a student's mastery of a topic and student is given a score
Click on the links below to learn more about each assessment.